Before & After School Caregiver in Signet Christian School must be a professed Christian who is in agreement with SCS Statement of Faith, and can produce a church reference and character reference.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Before & After School Caregiver is responsible for helping out with activities and games for participants in the program. He/she must provide the participants with a leadership role, and be a positive role model to them. The caregiver is responsible for planning, organizing and leading daily activities.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have previous experience working with elementary school-aged children.
· Possess basic knowledge and understanding of school-aged children.
· Be a self-starter and perform the job with little supervision.
· Possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Possess the ability to follow written and oral directions.
· Possess a babysitting license or CPR certification
· Must be able to handle any questions that arise with the public.
· Must be honest, in good health, accurate, have a neat appearance, and a courteous manner. Must be in good physical condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise morning and/or evening snacks for the participants.
· Develop and plan activities that incorporate program goals into the daily routine.
· Provide a warm and caring atmosphere and maintain a safe environment for participants
· Prepare activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age of the children.
· Communicate with the parents through daily drop-off and pick-up.
· Responsible for all activity and room preparations for the program and keep the room neat and orderly.
· Be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
The position of Before/After School Caregiver is a part-time position and is paid every two weeks at an agreed salary. The position is classified as a non-exempt hourly employee status and will be between 2 and 13 hours per week. The hours worked on a daily basis vary; a work schedule will be issued.
The Caregiver may also have to work under stressful situations when first aid or CPR is required. He/She will need to respond quickly and accurately.
Call Mrs. Dume, Principal: 416-750-7515, Extension 1001